Re: [opensuse] Re: Fork Burst Every 5 Minutes
  • From: John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 21:40:39 -0800
On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 8:46 PM, Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday January 19 2009, Randall R Schulz wrote:
Hi,

I've noticed by watching GKrellM that every five minutes there's a
brief burst of about 170 forks within a period of a second or so on
my openSUSE 11.1 system.

Another thing I noticed, owing to having a remote GKrellM display for my
10.3 box displayed on my 11.1 box, is that _both_ of these systems
exhibit the same phenomenon. Moreover, it is _synchronized_ between the
two systems, implying they're both doing this on a wall-clock schedule
(both systems use NTP, of course, so they're clocks are at most a small
fraction of a second disparate).

Does this help suggest a cause?

Randall Schulz
--

Maybe shutdown crond for a while as a test?