Re: [opensuse] w00t! Finally - RDP for us Linux geeks!
  • From: Jigish Gohil <cyberorg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 11:06:54 +0530
On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 2:09 AM, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Okay, I'm trying this.

I installed xrdp straight from the distro via yast.

I then started the xrdp service via yast.

I then tried to connect and I got login refused.

Found http://en.opensuse.org/Nomad which notes:
==
If you using KDE, you may be need to execute: cp
/etc/pam.d/xrdp-sesman /etc/pam.d/gdm

Otherwise you get an error "Login failed" while trying connect to
desktop. This bug was found in the openSUSE 11.1 release.
==

I did that and now I can connect and my login is accepted, but the
connection log says "rdpx11 channel is not present".

Is there something else I need to do? A firewall hole I need to open?

zypper ar
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/hfiguiere:/Factory/openSUSE_11.1/
nomad
zypper ref