Re: [opensuse] KDE 4.2 and screen savers.
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 15:04:46 +1100
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx> [01-19-09 12:54]:

KSR-33s+modems required climate controlled rooms?

modem??? first modem I had included a wired rubber cup to attach to
the telephone receiver.

GENTLEMEN! GENTLEMEN!

(I have to shout to make sure the oldies, the hearing-impaired, will
hear me.)

This thread is about stopping oS 11.0 and 11.1 from blanking the screen
even though all the apparent available settings in YaST2 and Desktop
Configuration have been set appropriately.

It is *NOT* about the abacus or slide rule or anything remotely
connected with either. (Except perhaps about Patrick being occasionally
allowed to have access to a computer at the nursing home.)

Why is it that it is almost a dictum of these forums that a serious
question gets sidetracked into an inane discussion, diametrical to the
original subject? (Personally I think it is Patrick's fault, but this is
neither here nor there.)

So, GENTLEMEN, can we return to solving Fred's and my problem of oS 11.0
and 11.1 not blanking the LCD screen on both laptop and desktop
computers? (Or do I have to get Guido to do the rounds and make offers
which cannot be refused?)

Ciao.

--
"With the portion of mankind that is above average one may speak of higher
things; with those below it, one may not."