Re: [opensuse] w00t! Finally - RDP for us Linux geeks!
  • From: Moby <moby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 16:55:01 -0600

Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Moby <moby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greg Freemyer wrote:

Okay, I'm trying this.

I installed xrdp straight from the distro via yast.

I then started the xrdp service via yast.

I then tried to connect and I got login refused.

Found http://en.opensuse.org/Nomad which notes:
==
If you using KDE, you may be need to execute: cp
/etc/pam.d/xrdp-sesman /etc/pam.d/gdm

Otherwise you get an error "Login failed" while trying connect to
desktop. This bug was found in the openSUSE 11.1 release.
==

I did that and now I can connect and my login is accepted, but the
connection log says "rdpx11 channel is not present".

Is there something else I need to do? A firewall hole I need to open?

Thanks
Greg

Greg, check your /var/log/messages. I see the same symptoms as you do
about the "rdpx11 channel is not present" - bot looking in
/var/log/messages shows that x11rdp segfaulted. I think there is a bug
about this segfault.

Regards,

--
--Moby

I too have a segfault in messages. I had been looking in
xrdp-sesman.log and everything looked good there.

Do we need to open a bugzilla?

Thanks
Greg

Definitely.

Thanks.

--
--Moby

deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin