Re: [opensuse] w00t! Finally - RDP for us Linux geeks!
David C. Rankin wrote:
Jigish Gohil wrote:

Check out: http://en.opensuse.org/Nomad

Cheers

-J

I'd rather not, it cripples compiz by destroying emerald. Or at least
nomad
has on every compiz upgrade that has been dumped in X11:/XGL or X11:/Compiz to
date.

Why would one want desktop effects over a remote connection anyway?

Probably for terminal server emulation on LANs. Keep in mind that this
may be used in corporate (gigabit) environments where you can have
applications - and entire desktops - sent over the wire.

The
bandwidth requirements would kill any connection except rdp across a LAN.

Yeah, you should see what YouTube does on our WAN! :P

Even
rdp connections across a lan with an 802.11b connection are jerky at best
without event thinking about spinning the entire desktop around in circles.

I wish the devs the best, but eliminating the bandwidth reality will be
difficult work and breaking part of compiz that shipped with the distribution
to do it is just plain ridiculous.

--
kai

a turn signal is a statement, not a request