Re: [opensuse] (OT) which virtual machine that better.
  • From: Adam Jimerson <vendion@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 11:57:57 -0500
On Sunday 18 January 2009 10:30:29 pm Jonathan Ervine wrote:

You can quite happily run a Xen kernel with an nVidia graphics card. Using
the proprietary nVidia binary blob as a graphics driver won't work however.

Is there a way to get XEN to use a driver compatible with it, while my normal
Kernel still uses the proprietary driver? This machine is not a server, but I
need to VM windows for school (the program we use won't work under WINE due to
its dependency on .net framework) and I have played with VMware and VirtualBox
and wasn't to happy with them. This machine has a AMD Athon 64 x2 at 2.3 Ghz
with 3 GB or RAM I'm sure it can handle XEN.

< Previous Next >