Re: [opensuse] How to clean up /var/cache/zypper/RPMS ?
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 17:13:23 +1100
Fred A. Miller wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:

Fred A. Miller wrote:

Amedee Van Gasse wrote:

Philipp Thomas schreef:

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 15:18:12 +0100, you wrote:

According to the man page, that will remove *all* rpms, not only those
that are out-of-date.
And after trying it, I found out that it did *not* remove the rpms of
the packages I installed manually. Neither did zypper clean --all.

I'd say this calls for a a bug report.

I find it hard to believe that this is a bug. My gut tells me it's just
a "simple" configuration issue, but I don't know.

Anyway before I file a bug report, I would appreciate it if someone
could confirm.

Test scenario:

$ ls -l /var/cache/zypper/RPMS
Download VMware server from the VMware website (or any other RPM that
isn't in one of the repo's)
# zypper in file-you-have-downloaded.rpm
$ ls -l /var/cache/zypper/RPMS
# zypper clean --all
$ ls -l /var/cache/zypper/RPMS

Please let me know what happens. If anyone else still sees files in
/var/cache/zypper/RPMS after zypper clean --all, then I'll file a bug
report. If not, then I'll assume it's just a misconfiguration on my end,
better known as PEBKAC ;-)

the proper dir. is: /var/cache/zypp/packages

Ooopsy. Are you sure that it *is* .../cache/*zypp* and not zypper?

The OP and others accept that zypper is the correct sub-dir.

Quite sure.

Fred

Good. Now we can wait for responses from Carlos et alia stating that
they have var/cache/zypper on their systems :-) .

Ciao.

--
"With the portion of mankind that is above average one may speak of higher
things; with those below it, one may not."