Re: [opensuse] w00t! Finally - RDP for us Linux geeks!
  • From: Jigish Gohil <cyberorg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 20:46:58 +0530
On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 7:26 PM, Peter Van Lone <petervl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Check out: http://en.opensuse.org/Nomad

what is the relationship of XRDP to Nomad?

NOMAD is RDP with 3D extensions. You can basically to 3d stuff
remotely. (like rotate desktops)

oh ...

ick ...

why?

You would really have to read through that link to get answers to all
questions ;)

Desktop effects is just additional thing we can get, and no it is not
taking additional bandwidth to do that, it uses local hardware for
compositing.

Additional to effects, Nomad also provide session persistence, so we
can just switch off client and reconnect where we left off.

Ciao

-J

--
CyberOrg Info