Re: [opensuse] Perhaps <OT>: Visual Basic into MONO
  • From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 02:34:12 -0600
On Sunday 18 January 2009, M Harris <harrismh777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
about 'Re: [opensuse] Perhaps <OT>: Visual Basic into MONO':
On Thursday 15 January 2009 13:05, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
If you run it against
programs of any complexity you either get code that won't compile
(syntax error) OR you get code that has many more bugs (runtime
errors).

geeze... remember when "computer science" wasn't an oxymoron?

I don't believe it is. Unfortunately, I've yet to deal with a company or
project that applied it to IT support or software development formally and
consistently.

Instead, we get XP and unit tests instead of correct code with known
failure cases.

It should be noted that, to the best of my knowledge, there is no BASIC
dialect with a behavior as well specified as the C or C++ standards.
(Those leave a bit to be desired, too, but are probably the best we have.)
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ((_/)o o(\_))