Re: [opensuse] w00t! Finally - RDP for us Linux geeks!
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 01:29:34 -0600
Jigish Gohil wrote:

Check out: http://en.opensuse.org/Nomad

Cheers

-J

I'd rather not, it cripples compiz by destroying emerald. Or at least
nomad
has on every compiz upgrade that has been dumped in X11:/XGL or X11:/Compiz to
date.

Why would one want desktop effects over a remote connection anyway? The
bandwidth requirements would kill any connection except rdp across a LAN. Even
rdp connections across a lan with an 802.11b connection are jerky at best
without event thinking about spinning the entire desktop around in circles.

I wish the devs the best, but eliminating the bandwidth reality will be
difficult work and breaking part of compiz that shipped with the distribution
to do it is just plain ridiculous.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC