Re: [opensuse] How to install Google Earth?
  • From: George Olson <grglsn765@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 12:57:46 +0800
Randall R Schulz wrote:
On Saturday January 17 2009, George Olson wrote:

Randall R Schulz wrote:

On Saturday January 17 2009, George Olson wrote:

Anyone have any suggestions?

Have you installed a 3D-accelerated driver for your video card?

No I don't think I have installed that. How do I do that?

Start here:

<http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_YaST_Package_Repositories>

And look for nVidia or ATI, depending on which vendor's card you have:

<http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_YaST_Package_Repositories#NVIDIA_drivers>
<http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_YaST_Package_Repositories#ATI_Video_drivers>

I figured out how to check my hardware in YaST, and it checks out with
the 965 card and 3D acceleration is enabled.

So I am not sure what else it could be. Any other suggestions? or Is
there away to install just that shared object file, libGL.so.1?

thanks
George Olson

PS - what does HTH stand for?