Re: [opensuse] How to install Google Earth?
  • From: George Olson <grglsn765@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 12:35:27 +0800
Randall R Schulz wrote:
On Saturday January 17 2009, George Olson wrote:

Randall R Schulz wrote:

On Saturday January 17 2009, George Olson wrote:

Anyone have any suggestions?

Have you installed a 3D-accelerated driver for your video card?

No I don't think I have installed that. How do I do that?

Start here:

<http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_YaST_Package_Repositories>

And look for nVidia or ATI, depending on which vendor's card you have:

<http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_YaST_Package_Repositories#NVIDIA_drivers>
<http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_YaST_Package_Repositories#ATI_Video_drivers>

Ok, I confess I have no idea how to determine what kind of video card I
have. It seems that on that link there are only ATI and NVIDIA
repositories, and nothing about intel 965 express chipset.

I remember someone showed me how to look at my hardware configuration in
Linux, but I don't remember what to do. I can do it in Windows, and that
is how i got the info that I have an intel 965 express chipset. But I
don't know how to look at it in Suse.

thanks
george Olson