Re: [opensuse] How to install Google Earth?
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 16:41:03 -0800
On Saturday January 17 2009, Roman wrote:
On January 17, 2009 03:57:58 pm Rajko M. wrote:
On Saturday 17 January 2009 04:30:25 am Masaru Nomiya wrote:
Please execute as root.

Any particular reason.
I can't recall that on any Google Earth installation I had to be a
root. It will be installed in home directory where user has
sufficient rights.

--
Regards, Rajko

You do not have to install Google Earth as root. I prefer to install
locally.

True. You (the user running the installer) only need to be able to write
to write to the directory in which you're installting.

I found an RPM for Google Desktop, so maybe Google will eventually go
that route for all their Linux software.

Cheers!
Roman

Randall Schulz