Re: [opensuse] Dolphin and File Selectio howto?
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 14:45:43 +0100
On Saturday 17 January 2009 14:33:58 Teruel de Campo MD wrote:
Under konqueror in suse 11 you can
Ctrl+A and it selects all. The same is in 11.1 with Dolphin.
Crtl + and there I can *.ogg and it will select in that directory all
the ogg files and so on.

I have 3500 files in that directory with a mix of wav, ogg, mp4 and mp3.
I can do it using CLI but seems to be a basic function of a file manager
and I do not see it.

Press ctrl-i to get the filter bar. There you can type "ogg" to only show
files with "ogg" in the name, and then you can press ctrl-a to select all
filtered files

If you have files with ogg somewhere in the filename but not the extension,
and you want to avoid selecting those, type "ogg$" in the filter

Anders