Re: [opensuse] Is there a Suse 11.1 downloadable instruction book?
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 11:41:45 +0100
In a couple of days I will be moving to a location with very limited
internet access, like 1 hour a day or less, and I am wondering if anyone

Ouch, that is going to hurt.. a lot :-P

can tell me if there is a good Suse downloadable instruction book or set
of web pages, so that I can download it and continue my study of how to
work Suse doing things while being off-line most of the time. If so, I
can download it today and then I will be set for the next few months.

If you did a default install, then the openSUSE User Guide is already
installed. Point your file manager here:
/usr/share/doc/manual/opensuse-manual_en/manual/index.html and you
should see the locally installed HTML version of the User Guide. It
is also available in PDF, but I think... I think you have to install
that separately (it's on the DVD ISO).

C.