[opensuse] Is there a Suse 11.1 downloadable instruction book?
  • From: George Olson <grglsn765@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 18:14:33 +0800
Hi Everyone,

In a couple of days I will be moving to a location with very limited
internet access, like 1 hour a day or less, and I am wondering if anyone
can tell me if there is a good Suse downloadable instruction book or set
of web pages, so that I can download it and continue my study of how to
work Suse doing things while being off-line most of the time. If so, I
can download it today and then I will be set for the next few months.

I purchased a Suse Linux for Dummies at the bookstore, but it is 9.3
(that is all they had), and I am finding quite a few differences. For
example, the software management tool is totally different, and I could
not figure out how to install software that I downloaded. Like that
downloaded Thunderbird into a directory, and put that directory on a
repository thing whatchamacallit, but when i used the YaST software
management tool, it still went to the internet to download the program
again even though I had already downloaded it previously.

So any help will be great. Thanks

George Olson