Re: [opensuse] How do I pipe to program in Evolution
  • From: G T Smith <grahamsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 09:46:28 +0000

Carl Spitzer wrote:
I have one person whose email comes in periodically from the list which
has bad headers making it appear blank until I check source. I can
filter the email but I need to pipe it to a program.

I need to know if this program can be Perl or Python and if I can use it
to correct the email or If it must be done in C, C++. Such that if the
email comes from this person I pipe it to the program and then continue
to process normally.

CWSIV

?!? It can be written in anything you want provided it is written to
accept input via STDIN and output via STDOUT, and I know of no language
on the *NIX platform which cannot do this..... so the I am a bit puzzled
by the question...

- --
telephone.

Bjarne Stroustrup