Re: [opensuse] trying to figure out how to share a data drive
  • From: Joe Morris <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 11:36:45 +0800
On 01/17/2009 10:45 AM, George Olson wrote:
so I checked the permissions using the "mount" command in a terminal window
and this is what I got for the D drive:

/dev/sda2 on /windows/D type fuseblk
(rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,default_permissions,blksize=4096)

Is this line in your /etc/fstab? What does ls -l /Windows/D show you
regarding permissions?
Can anyone help me figure out how to enable writing data to this
drive/partition? Ultimately I want to install Mozilla Thunderbird in both
Windows and Suse, and be able to access the data on this shared drive, so
that
I can do email in either operating system. But before that, I have to be
simply be able to read and write to my shared data partition, which I cannot
do right now.

Thanks in advance for your help

I see nothing in the mount output that would give you permission
explicitly, so you may need to do some tweaking, just not sure yet where
the tweaking needs to be done. Need the answers to the above.

--
Joe Morris