Re: [opensuse] 11.1+kde3.5 suspend to disk fails sometimes
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:19:27 +0100 (CET)

On Thursday, 2009-01-15 at 22:05 +0100, Günter Dannoritzer wrote:

I have a problem with my openSUSE 11.1 x86_64 installation that
sometimes the suspend to disk function does not work. When I initiate
it, the screen saver comes up and the computer behaves like it just got
looked. When I login again, there is a window in kde saying that the
suspend failed.

Change this in /etc/suspend.conf:

## use splash picture? (default y)
splash = n

This way the splash screen in dissabled and you see the messages as the procedure tries to suspend. Then, you have a log in /var/log/pm-suspend.log, and you can change the level of verbosity of the log:

#suspend loglevel = 2
#max loglevel =

Increase the number (I don't know the range). Also, you should have a look at the standard log (/var/log/messages).

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.