[opensuse] Where is FORCE_PERSISTENT_NAMES ?
  • From: Rui Santos <rsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:31:00 +0000
Hi all,

At least until On openSUSE 10.1, there used to exist an option on
/etc/sysconfig/network/config called FORCE_PERSISTENT_NAMES. I used that
option because I had to deploy more than 1.000 machines with openSUSE
and didn't want it to check for the NIC's MAC address ( obviously ).
When doing the same on openSUSE 11.1, I realize that that option no
longer exists, and udev keeps the same MAC behavior for identifying all
NICs.
Is there any way to mimic that openSUSE 10.1 behavior ?

Thanks for your help,

--
Rui Santos
http://www.ruisantos.com/