Re: [opensuse] suspend to disk / knetworkmanager problem
  • From: Jos van Kan <vankan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:37:45 +0100
Sampsa Riikonen schreef:
Dear List,

I have a manually configured eth0 wire connection in my knetworkmanager.
Every time after "suspend to disk", I have problems with the network
connection..

even "ping google.com" reports 100% packet loss. It seems there
is no network at all. I have tried everything.. restarting knetworkmanager,
pluggin/unpluggin the ethernet cable, nothing works.
Only thing that works is to reboot my computer.. not very convenient though.

Any known fix, or should I file a bug report..?

I am running suse 11.0 32-bit (kde 3.5.x) on a hp pavilion (AMD 64-bit
dual-core) laptop.

Cheers,

Sampsa

It's a known bug in 11.0 (406653) that hasn't been fixed yet. It does not seem
to depend on knetworkmanager, since I observed the same behavior using
traditional ifup/down.
If Manne's suggestion works (as root type from the command line: rcnetwork
restart), which it did in my case, you (as root) may put the following script
(network_wakeup) into /etc/pm/sleep.d as a workaround:

#!/bin/bash

. /usr/lib/pm-utils/functions

case "$1" in
hibernate|suspend)
;; ;;
thaw|resume)
rcnetwork restart
;;
*)
;;
esac

exit $?

Don't forget to make the script executable (chmod 750 network_wakeup). All
scripts in this directory are executed before hibernation/suspension and after
thaw/resume, so in this way you automate the behavior.

Regards,

--
Jos van Kan registered Linux user #152704