Re: [opensuse] ATI Driver Surprise
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 18:52:38 -0600
In the 64 bit install, there is a problem with the 32 bit fglrx_dri.so.
You can go to /usr/lib/dri and rename the current fglrx_dri.so and then
ln -s /usr/lib64/dri/fglrx_dri.so /usr/lib/dri/fglrx_dri.so

This got the fglrx driver working for me.

I did it and still no change in behavior.
I'll try that again when I wind out why ati installer breaks in the middle of
compilation. It stops when it can't copy file to directory. After removing
files it bombs out on the same place and files are again there, so it seems
like it is trying copy twice and in second attempt runs in its own file, and
stops.

--
Regards, Rajko