Re: [opensuse] firewall semantics question
  • From: aledr <matrixworkstation@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 18:33:00 -0200
I maybe understood your question but you should use: xxx.xxx.0.0/16.
Which include all xxx.xxx.###.### hosts.

Thanks.

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 6:20 PM, Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

how do I denote a group of domains as:

xxx.xxx only the first two groups specified but all inclusive

similar to

224.112.221.0/24
which I understand to include all 224.112.221.###

The specific numbers above are for example only and are not
interesting. I am being pelted with access requests for inexistant
pages and php scripts from a range of chinanet sites and want to drop
access at the firewall rather than denying web page access.

Or perhaps a better plan ?? would be to add the group to
/etc/hosts.deny?

Or am I trying to do it the wrong way?

[ ]'s
Aledr - Alexandre
"OpenSource Solutions for SmallBusiness Problems"