Re: [opensuse] FTP How?
  • From: Jonathan Ervine <jervine@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 14:28:10 +0800
On Thursday 15 January 2009 00:01:58 Richard wrote:
On Tue January 13 2009 8:18:00 pm Anders Johansson wrote:
mount -o bind /mnt/nfs/asus/raidbox/Multimedia/Audio/Music /srv/ftp/Music

Thankyou Anders. By configuring FTP so as to allowing access outside of
/srv/ftp, I assume you mean to NOT chroot validated users. Can this be
done without affecting anonymous users which go to my repositories mirrors?
Right now, authenticated users go to /srv/ftp and anonymous users go to
/raid/repositories.

In the meantime, I'll give your #2 suggestion a try and see if that will
also work. It does allow less flexibility (read ease of maintenance) in
that I have to remember to mount additional links and not use symlinks in
FTP.

Seconding Anders suggestion of using the bind mount option instead of a
symlink and configuring the FTP daemon to have access outside of /srv/ftp. You
can add the bind mount to the fstab in order to make it mount automatically at
boot time, or make use of autofs.

Jon