Re: [opensuse] ATI Driver Surprise
  • From: peter nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 22:24:50 +0000

I ran "aticonfig", after which things work.

Sadly, the FPS for glxgears is significantly worse than it was with the
driver that comes bundled with openSUSE 11.1. Oddly enough, though,
Stellarium reports a much higher FPS than it did under the previous
driver. Celestia seems faster, too, but I don't see an option to enable
an FPS display in that app, so I have only a subjective sense based on
just a little prior use.

I guess I'll install Google Earth and see how that behaves. It's the
thing (besides Second Life) for which I have the best feel for 3D
performance.

HTH

Pete .

Randall Schulz

Yes i noticed the the frame rate was poor too saay the least dont think it
toped 200 FPS using fgl_glxgears standard glxgears wound not run moanig
about the libs again but wanting them back the other way Ho Humm

Spose I'll get to looking at it one time althou i did choose to build a distro
specific package but it still got it wrong .

Cheers

Pete .

--
SuSE Linux 10.3-Alpha3. (Linux is like a wigwam - no Gates, no Windows, and an
Apache inside.)