Re: [opensuse] KNETWORK MANAGER PROBLEM PLS HELP
  • From: Jide Ogunmekan <jide@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 23:15:01 +0100
Hi

Eventually solved this problem with help from the link provided by
installing compat-wireless driver.

Thanks All for your help

Jide

* From: medwinz <medwinz@xxxxxxxxx>
* Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 22:58:06 +0700

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 8:10 PM, Joe Morris <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 07/09/2008 08:49 PM, medwinz wrote:

In my case, kismet also don't want to capture the traffic until
i use
the compat-wireless driver from
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download.
I don't know why, but for the time being seem to me that the
address is
broken.

Have you tried the rpm packages from the BS in

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/schmolle1980/openSUSE_11.0_Update/
I just thought they might be better to use as they are specifically for
opensuse.

--

Never tried the BS version. I think your point is make sense. Problem
is kernel version. I check it and the compat-wireless driver is for

Worth to try :)

medwinz

--
George Burns - "Don't stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed."