Re: [opensuse] SuSE 9.2 packages
  • From: "Ciro Iriarte" <cyruspy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 12:25:06 -0300

On Wednesday, 2009-01-14 at 13:36 -0000, kj wrote:

This goes back a bit. Does anyone know where I can find either an archive
of the SuSE 9.2 packages (apt-capable would be especially nice) or
downloadable ISOs? I do have the CDs (box set) but I don't have it with me.

SuSE said they would be stored, in their official discontinuation notice:

] As a consequence, the SUSE Linux 9.2 distribution directory on our ftp
] server ftp.suse.com will be moved from /pub/suse/i386/9.2/ to the
] /pub/suse/discontinued/ directory tree structure to free space on our
] mirror sites. The 9.2 directory in the update tree
] /pub/suse/i386/update/9.2 will follow, as soon as all updates have been
] published.

However, there is absolutely nothing in that discontinued tree, all versions
have been removed time ago. Even the last 10.2, that was announced last
October to be moved there, has simply disappeared. I asked several times
about that, but nobody answers properly.

However, you can find versions 7.3 to 9.3 here:

9.2 is missing here...

ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/discontinued/i386

and some here:

ftp4.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/5.3

The 10.x versions I do not know where they are.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

Regards,

--