Re: [opensuse] question about kde and remote files
Hi,

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 01:34:16PM +0200, Sampsa Riikonen wrote:
Dear List,

This is a question for KDE gurus..

I am using sessions with kate, where each session has several
remote files on a server.

In my university, however, the things are configured in such a way that
several instantaneous sftp connections to a server are interpreter as a
denial-of-service attack. :/

So every time I open a session with several remote files, kate
(or kde, to be more exact) tries to access all of them using sftp
at the same time and my ip gets blocked.

Is there a way to configure kde in general, in such a way that it would
access the remote files one after another? .. maybe not?

I know that it is not exactly what you are asking for, but what about
using sshfs. You will probably need -s option to disable
multi-threading (AFAIU then it will use only one connection to sshd).

--
Best regards / s pozdravem

Petr Uzel, Packages maintainer