Re: [opensuse] No default gateway
  • From: Stephen Holmes <stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 10:06:13 +0000

Koenraad Lelong wrote:
Hi,
I just installed a 11.1 box. I can't update because there is no default
gateway.
The ip-address is handed out with a dhcp-server, with a number of
options like a default gateway (option routers x.x.x.x in the config
file of dhcpd 3.0.6). All my other machines do get this default gateway,
just not the 11.1 machine.
What am I missing ?
Thanks for any help you can provide.

This happened to me when using NetworkManager. I switched back to the
standard ifconfig tools (yast2 lan) and disabled IPv6 and then switched
back to NetworkManager and it worked just fine.

Also, check the contents of your /etc/resolv.conf

Cheers
Steve.