Re: [opensuse] FTP How?
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 02:18:00 +0100
On Wednesday 14 January 2009 01:56:42 Richard wrote:
This link points to my file server. Any ideas why a link wouldn't work
in FTP? I can transverse the path just fine as 'me' as long as I am not
doing it using FTP.

What stupidity have I fallen into now?

The ftp users are only allowed to use directories under /srv/ftp, and /mnt is
outside of that.

There are two options: either use, instead of a symlink

mount -o bind /mnt/nfs/asus/raidbox/Multimedia/Audio/Music /srv/ftp/Music

or change the configuration of the ftp server to allow access to the directory
under /mnt

I would recommend the mount method

Anders