Re: [opensuse] Strange KMail Behavior on 11.1
  • From: Jerry Houston <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 15:37:35 -0800
On Tuesday 13 January 2009 15:24:26 Randall R Schulz wrote:

Everything went surprisingly well with this but since the very first run
of KMail with those transplanted files, I've noticed one odd symptom:
Every time I quit KMail (not just close its window(s), but actually
quit the application), there's a huge burst of I/O, as evidenced by a
buzz from the many rapid seeks of the drive holding my home directory.
This lasts about a second or so (it's a 10,000 RPM Ultra-160 SCSI
drive, so that represents a lot of I/O).

Can anybody shed any light on what is being done and how, hopefully, I
can stop that from happening? It never did that under 10.0.

If you were on Windows, I'd suggest running ProcMon from SysInternals, and find
out that way what's going on. Does anyone here know if there's an equivalent
monitor for Linux? Seems like there oughta be.