Re: [opensuse] pidgin segmentation fault
  • From: James Pifer <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 06:23:24 -0500
On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 22:19 -0600, Moby wrote:

James Pifer wrote:
I was way behind on system updates on my laptop running opensuse 10.3. I
finally updated them, which was a lot. Sorry to not be specific. Anyway,
everything seems to work ok so far except for pidgin. It starts for a
few seconds and then segmentation faults. I've tried installing the
latest source (2.5.4) and I get the same thing. I've run it in debug and
I get the log below.

You do not say where this Pidgin came from - did you compile it yourself?

My original version was rpm version 2.5.3 from one of the opensuse
repos. But I also compiled from source with version 2.5.4.

James