Re: [opensuse] GTK issue in OSS 11.1 causes Firefox print to crash
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:54:42 -0600
On Monday 12 January 2009 08:05:36 pm Moby wrote:
Rajko M. wrote:
On Sunday 11 January 2009 07:58:06 pm Moby wrote:
Running Firefox 3.05 on openSuse 11.1. Any time I do a file -> print
preview or file -> print, Firefox crashes. Is anyone else seeing this?

I had run into a similar problem with openSuse 10.3, and fiddling with
different gtk versions helped resolve this - I hope this is a similar
issue and someone can report a known good GTK version that alleviates
this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help,

I have no problems from KDE3, on 32 bit 11.1 system, default printing
options.

Is it possible that some specific page, or type of pages crash Firefox.
I had that, but I didn't find out how to reproduce crash.
The same web page visited after crash would work fine.

Ruled out any particular web sites and any firefox extensions. Print
preview and print to printer all crash with the following:

*** glibc detected *** /opt/firefox/firefox-bin: munmap_chunk(): invalid
pointer: 0xab815200 ***
======= Backtrace: =========
/lib/libc.so.6[0xb68329d5]
/lib/libc.so.6[0xb68339e9]
/lib/libnsl.so.1[0xb7fa3e6c]

Someting is wrong with path /opt/firefox/firefox-bin .

~> whereis firefox
firefox: /usr/bin/firefox /usr/lib/firefox /usr/bin/X11/firefox
/usr/share/man/man1/firefox.1.gz

Though /usr/bin/firefox is a symlink:

~> l /usr/bin/firefox
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 25 2008-12-20
02:44 /usr/bin/firefox -> ../lib/firefox/firefox.sh*

The /usr/lib/firefox/firefox.sh sets environment variables and there is only
one /opt/ entry for netscape plugins.

--
Regards, Rajko