Re: [opensuse] Just installed 11.1 wow, weird
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 22:44:01 -0500
On Monday 12 January 2009 10:14:06 pm Jerry Houston wrote:
On Monday 12 January 2009 18:58:04 jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I have two complaints.. There is something peculiar w/ Firefox... as in
it can't see ANY website... and , oddly that doesn't effect Konqui which
is busily getting me to the Novell Website, tho it doesn't recognize the
login info, not even as cut n paste from the email I got from Novell
seconds before.

Sounds like an unconfigured NIC to me. Is it possible that what Konqueror
is showing you is from its cache, and not the real website? Have you
checked your network device settings in YaST?

Well,the only evidence Konqueror worked is; it could find web sites it hadn't
ever been to. Esp as this was a "clean install" . And then there is Kmail
which obviously works since I'm able to send this .

And my network actually still works. I'm astounded, I hadn't reinstalled my
settings for so long I was certain I'd miss some. ( I'd also forgotton how
annoying the nagging is in kmail.. since I'd decided this time not to use the
kwallet app. )

Had my partner come in and check all the network settings , and he can't find
any that are different from his. And we can both surf via Konqui, his FIrefox
works, but he doesn't have FF3+

I'm using KDE3.5.10