[opensuse] How to Mount External Drives Manually?
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 16:36:09 -0800
Hi,

I have a situation where I want the opposite of Josef Wolf (openSUSE
list thread with Subject: "How to mount external drives automatically?"
starting on Jan. 9, 2009).

I'm running openSUSE 11.1 (the inability of 10.0 to properly access the
FireWire bus on my system was the straw that broke the upgrade camel's
back).

So what are the relevant subsystems, commands and configuration files I
need to learn about to get manual mounting for select external drives
and partitions?

Thanks.

Randall Schulz