Re: [opensuse] BuildService and freedom? (was: How to compile for i86 on a x64 machine?)
  • From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 15:46:43 -0600
On Monday 2009 January 12 15:26:07 Josef Wolf wrote:
When we totally rely on the build service, we might reach a point
that we can not build without this service anymore, no matter whether
we have the sources or not. So there's the risk that we would not
be able to build anymore, should this service become unavailable at
some time in the future.

But it seems like I am the only one with such (paranoid?) thinking,
so I am probably totally wrong.

No, I believe there is value in your thinking. I want to be able to build
packages from source without access to the OBS, even if I can't think of a
good reason I'd need to right now.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ((_/)o o(\_))