Re: [opensuse] Firefox Java plugin misbehaving
  • From: Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 11:52:06 +0100
On Wednesday 07 January 2009 18:30:29 Philippe Andersson wrote:
Hello,

For some time now (a few months), I've had problems accessing some (not
all !) java-based web servicse: the applet won't start, and the system
typically displays a high CPU load.

Originally, I linked it with the upgrade to "update10" of the Sun Java
plugin, but reverting to update9 (or even to Java1.5 for that matter)
didn't resolve the issue. I was hoping that applying update11 (I just
did) would restore the service, but it didn't either.

My setup:
- OpenSuSE 11.00, 32bit, fully patched
- Firefox 3.0.5

You can fill a bug into a bugzilla, but I'm afraid I cannot help you, because
it's probably a Sun problem. But I can help you with identifiing of that
problem

Michal Vyskocil