[opensuse] SCPM in openSUSE 11.1
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 11:40:45 -0800
Hi,

I'm using SCPM for the first time to accommodate running my new 11.1
installation under both VMware (during setup) and directly on the
hardware.

As I was selecting from the pre-configured Resource Groups, I noticed
that many of them refer to obsolete (missing) files such as /etc/http
or /etc/X11/XF86Config. Now, I know I can either edit the existing
groups or define my own (both of which I've done already), but this did
make me wonder whether SCPM is actively developed and supported and
whether or not I should be using it?

I'd appreciate any feedback on SCPM's suitability under openSUSE 11.1.

Randall Schulz