[opensuse] Problem with Intel ICH9R raid [Was: Please share openSuSe developers with this issue]
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 14:20:31 +0100 (CET)

On Friday, 2009-01-09 at 20:30 -0800, Yas say wrote:

That leads me to the reason this server won't boot to the traditional GRUB.
Intel ICH9R raid isn't detected and I have RAID5 on it. that is why disk order was getting messed up. disks on Intel raid work individual(AHCI) in openSuSE - amazing. I wish we could fix this.

Is that a real hardware raid, or a fake raid? I understand you need the drivers for your particular type of raid for it to be detected as such.

I have changed the subject line of your post, in hope that some one with knowledge of that hardware can pop in.

Please notice that this mail list is a users list in which we offer mutual help to one another, it is not an official channel in which to report bugs. You may, however, report on bugzilla, but that doesn't mean that if there is a real problem it will be solved this year :-p

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.