Re: [opensuse] Please share openSuSe developers with this issue
On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 05:32:44PM -0800, Yas say wrote:
dear sirs:

We have many RAID systems, both Intel & non-Intel that originally run
Windows. We are trying to give Linux (openSuSE) its share now. However, we
have an issue where system partitions are detected differently when openSuSe
is running and when it's booting. For instance, openSuSE was installed on
/dev/sde, but GRUB calls it /dev/sdd & doesn't know /dev/sde at all. GRUB
doesn't know raid partitions I believe.

We loaded the correct vendor modules at the time of install, installed
systems fine, but GRUB cannot boot them unless we tell it new partitions.
this's an issue incase there's power-loss & servers are set to boot up
automatically.

Our smolts system profile address is:
http://www.smolts.org/show?uuid=pub_bbc1af31-25b1-4eb1-aa1f-aa8aab2b67c7

lspci -v & fdisk -l and lsmod reports are attached here.

Another issue is that soundcard was detected and configured but no audio. we
would try to compile a kernel but there are no drivers missing here.

Please help this email reach the right openSuSe people.

The best way how to get support from openSUSE people is to fill
appropriate bugreports in bugzilla.novell.com.

--
Best regards / s pozdravem

Petr Uzel, Packages maintainer