Re: [opensuse] Firefox 3.X 100% CPU usage makes it unusable - urgent fix required
  • From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 19:57:32 -0600
On Friday 2009 January 09 19:30:56 David C. Rankin wrote:
Marcus Meissner wrote:
It is called "okular" in KDE4.

Of course, users really shouldn't have to think about that. If it's really a
drop-in replacement it should "Provides" kpdf so that "zypper in kpdf" pulls
it in. Also, opening a PDF is such a common computing task that it should be
installed (and associated with PDFs) whenever the user chooses the KDE 4
desktop.

Advanced users should expect so update their working knowledge of the system,
though.

Guess I have to add that to my new list of teenage lingo right along with
plasmoid, widget and wodim.

Widget? Really? That's been around a /long/ time. At least since Java 1.1,
probably much longer. (I wouldn't be surprised if NeXT gave it it's
programming meaning.) http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/widget says it has been
around in some form since 1924.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.