[opensuse] Please share openSuSe developers with this issue
  • From: Yas say <baladeh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 17:32:44 -0800 (PST)
dear sirs:

We have many RAID systems, both Intel & non-Intel that originally run Windows.
We are trying to give Linux (openSuSE) its share now. However, we have an issue
where system partitions are detected differently when openSuSe is running and
when it's booting. For instance, openSuSE was installed on /dev/sde, but GRUB
calls it /dev/sdd & doesn't know /dev/sde at all. GRUB doesn't know raid
partitions I believe.

We loaded the correct vendor modules at the time of install, installed systems
fine, but GRUB cannot boot them unless we tell it new partitions. this's an
issue incase there's power-loss & servers are set to boot up automatically.

Our smolts system profile address is:
http://www.smolts.org/show?uuid=pub_bbc1af31-25b1-4eb1-aa1f-aa8aab2b67c7

lspci -v & fdisk -l and lsmod reports are attached here.

Another issue is that soundcard was detected and configured but no audio. we
would try to compile a kernel but there are no drivers missing here.

Please help this email reach the right openSuSe people.

best regards,