Re: [opensuse] Webcam / headset combo recommendation
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 10:18:37 -0500
On 2009/01/09 09:55 (GMT+0100) Philippe Andersson composed:

I recently migrated my father's computer from WinME to OpenSuSE 11.0. He
would like to use Skype on the new platform. Can you recommend well
supported choices for the following hardware:

- USB webcam
- headset

Please note that the computer already has a sound card (can't remember
the brand or model) that is recognised and configured. The usual "extra"
multimedia packages and codecs are installed.

Based on this, would you recommend to use a headset that plugs in the
soundcard jacks or a USB one ?

I bought a Logitech USB Headset 250 while using 10.2. It worked great. When I
upgraded to 11.0, I had to adjust the Skype settings because it wasn't using
the headset for any sounds. Now I notice possibly more sensitivity to
background noise (e.g. TV or sniffles) than before, but otherwise it works
just great.
--
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he
is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/