Re: [opensuse] classic x cursort theme files
  • From: Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 14:17:22 +0100 (CET)
It depends on the icon package as to whether the sources are provided, but
usually, they are under

~/.icons/<iconSchemeName>/Sources

I don't have anything in my ~/.icons directory. It is empty.

I have cursor themes in

/usr/share/icons/DMA-AA/cursors/
/usr/share/icons/DMZ/cursors/
/usr/share/icons/handhelds/cursors/
/usr/share/icons/Industrial/cursors
/usr/share/icons/redglass/cursors
/usr/share/icons/whiteglass/cursors/

1. I don't know how I can open and view a cursor file. Eg
/usr/share/icons/DMZ/cursors/left_ptr

2. It seems when I choose 'none' in kde control center, none of these cursor
themes is used. Where are the files that are used then?

3. How kde/suse sets/decides what theme to use when the cursor theme is set to
none?

Could anyone help with these questions?

Thanks,
Istvan