[opensuse] Webcam / headset combo recommendation
  • From: Philippe Andersson <pan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 09:55:49 +0100
Hello list,

I recently migrated my father's computer from WinME to OpenSuSE 11.0. He
would like to use Skype on the new platform. Can you recommend well
supported choices for the following hardware:

- USB webcam
- headset

Please note that the computer already has a sound card (can't remember
the brand or model) that is recognised and configured. The usual "extra"
multimedia packages and codecs are installed.

Based on this, would you recommend to use a headset that plugs in the
soundcard jacks or a USB one ?

Any and all pointers appreciated.

TIA

Cheers. Bye.

Ph. A.

--

*Philippe Andersson*
Unix System Administrator

The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for
the recipient (s) named above. This communication is intended to be and to
remain confidential and may be protected by intellectual property rights. Any
use of the information contained herein (including but not limited to, total or
partial reproduction, communication or distribution of any form) by persons
other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited. Please notify the sender
secure or error-free. Ion Beam Applications does not accept liability for any
such errors. Thank you for your cooperation.
< Previous Next >