Re: [opensuse] deleted my /home directory
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 14:59:31 -0500
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
I just installed an 11.1 and was surprised it wanted to delete my /home
partition, make a new extended partition there and install 11.1 in that.
I also have two swap partitions and two Linux partitions. It offered to
leave those alone. So I am guessing it looked for a partition that was
not swap or did not already have a linux installed, and offered to put
it there. My intention was to overwrite one of the linux installs
(Caldera 2.4!). Anyway, if I had not been careful, I would have lost
my /home as well.

FWIW, my /home is located on a removable drive. So, I just unplug the drive containing /home, prior to the install. After the install, I just plug the drive back in and mount it on /home.