Re: [opensuse] Re: Getting KDE 3.5 With openSUSE 11.1?
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 10:54:14 -0800
On Thursday 08 January 2009 10:50, Mike McMullin wrote:
On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 08:33 -0800, Randall R Schulz wrote:
On Thursday 08 January 2009 08:29, jdd wrote:
Randall R Schulz a écrit :
This is extremely frustrating, given that it takes over an hour
each time just to get to the point where I'm presented with the
dreaded Gnome desktop.

What am I doing wrong?

did you choose kde3 on the drop down login menu (after install)?

There was no such menu. I got what I believe was gdm.

I'm now doing my third ab-inito install. This time I didn't change
anything about what software to install after selecting KDE 3.5.

jdd

Randall Schulz

Each time that I have installed 11.1 i586, I've gotten both KDM and
the KDE3.5 desktop. At the point where it offered me a choice of
Gnome or KDE4 there was an option for other, and I chose KDE3.5.

And I did the same. But clearly adding other patterns in the next step
interferes with that selection of KDE 3.5. Only when I took a plain
vanilla / stock package selection did I actually get KDM and KDE 3.5.

Randall Schulz