Re: [opensuse] Getting KDE 3.5 With openSUSE 11.1?
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 09:13:17 -0800

What am I doing wrong?

Nothing,

I did the same and got kde4, Larry got TinyWM as he said. Who was it
that once said "Life is like a box of chocolates...?"

The 11.1 desktop installer -- and function -- is suspect to put it
mildly. I would really like to hear your feedback of working with 3.5
on 11.1. With nvidia, I managed OK, with the current broken ATI
driver, my laptop install was a horror story.

That's not good. This box has an ATI video card. Currently I'm still
setting things up under VMware, not wanting to burn any bridges, but
there a limit to how far I can take that.

I'll let you (the list) know what other tasty treats the box of
chocolates serves up...

--
David C. Rankin

Randall Schulz