Re: [opensuse] rsync ?
  • From: Erik Jakobsen <eja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 17:11:39 +0100
Greg Freemyer wrote:

modules are used when you use an rsync daemon. Check the rsync man page
for how to configure rsync daemons.

Cheers, Dave

Be aware that using a rsync daemon and the associated complexity is
totally optional.

I always just use plain old rsync on the client. If there is not a
rsync server available on the remote machine, it uses ssh to connect
to the remote and fire up an instance of rsync on that end and
communications goes from there.

Takes zero upfront config assuming you have ssh logins available.

Greg

Many thanks for the replies to my query.
Not that I understand much of it, but I will study the man page, and hope
I get more insight.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Erik Jakobsen OZ4KK