Re: [opensuse] dvd authoring
  • From: Teruel de Campo MD <chusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 08:00:26 -0700
On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 12:00 +0100, jdd wrote:
Until recently I had to use win application (magix) to do the job, but
I noticed than with the openSUSE 11.1 was shipped a working version of
Kdenlive .

So I could at last edit my DV camcorder files and render very easily a
dvd vob files.

1. DVD authoring from a camcorder

I use

kino/firewire to get control of the camcorder, do fast editing and save
file

dvdstyler to make the dvd using the file from above.

2. DVD from other sources like mythtv (the fastest is of course use
mythtv archive)

avidemux for editing

dvdstyler

Avidemux can do everything. If after using kino you want more stuff done
to the file you can do it in avidemux.

This is all pretty fast under GUI. If you want to use only CLI just
posted and we'll help you.

Ciao

-=terry=-

note: you can get kino, dvdstyler and avidemux from the repositories.